This privacy statement only covers the Ministry of Defence Police website – www.mod.police.uk
Date last modified: 02/10/2018
The Ministry of Defence Police website is provided by the Ministry of Defence with the agreement of the Government Digital Service (GDS) which is part of the Cabinet Office.
No identifiable personal data is collected or processed directly on this website and as such privacy statements are provided on the relevant application forms/systems in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018/General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Further information is provided in the Ministry of Defence Police Privacy Notice and full details of the Ministry of Defence Privacy Notice can be found here.
We may modify or amend this privacy statement at our discretion at any time. When we make changes we will amend the last modified date at the top of the page. Any modification or amendment to this privacy statement will be applied to you and your data as of that revision date. We therefore encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to be informed on any changes to how we may use and protect your data.
To help make your experience on this website easier we sometimes place small amounts of information on your computer, mobile phone or device. These small files are known as ‘cookies’ and are used to collect information about how you browse this website.
Cookies are tiny text files that are saved to your computer or device when you browse websites. Some cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using a website, but they can be stored on your computer for different lengths of time depending on what function they perform. Session cookies are temporary and deleted when you leave a website or close your web browser, whereas persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise your device and track repeat visits.
- Measure how people are using different parts of the website, so we can update and make improvements based on your needs
- Measure website performance so we can show value for money in the delivery of information and services
- Analyse anonymised data so that we can better understand how people interact with our content, and make improvements
- Support users’ sharing of information on the website via social media
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns that we have endorsed
- Track use of the website so that we can tailor advertising to be more relevant to users on social media and other websites (using third-party networks)
Some cookies are set directly by the Ministry of Defence Police. Others are set by third-parties when you visit this website. Third-party cookies may include those set by advertising networks, the partners we use for web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics), and external websites delivering embedded content and videos (e.g. YouTube).
How cookies are used on the MDP website