New Recruit - Authorised Firearms Officer (AFO)
20/07/2020: Registration for our latest New Recruits' campaign has now CLOSED and pre-screening calls are ongoing. However, due to a high volume of interest, it will take a little longer than expected for us to call everyone who has emailed our Resourcing Team.
We therefore politely request that you:
- refrain from sending duplicate emails as this will cause additional work for the Resourcing Team and may add to delays if candidates are called more than once
- check for our automated reply in your junk mail folder, as well as your inbox, and save email@example.com as a trusted/favourite contact
We will be in touch as soon as possible and we thank you for your patience.
Once you have spoken with our Resourcing Team and your eligibility to proceed has been confirmed, we recommend that you begin to collect and prepare the supporting documents that you'll need to submit with your application, whilst you wait to find out more about the next stage of the application process.
The supporting documentation required is as follows:
- Scanned copy or photograph of your photo card driving licence
- Copy of your DVLA driving summary page, which can be viewed and downloaded from GOV.UK
- Clear colour photographs of any non-intimate tattoos along with descriptions, and where applicable, an official translation, from a reputable source, of any symbols or non-English language used
- Scanned copy or photographs of your level 2 educational certificates (only in English Language and Maths - GCSE grades C/level 4 or above, or equivalent qualification in those subjects)
- Scanned copy or photograph of your passport if you are a Commonwealth citizen or other Foreign National, and where applicable, copies of any documents showing your right to work and live in the UK
- Where applicable, a scanned copy or photographs of a 'Certificate of satisfaction for discharged debts' in relation to your financial position
- Scanned copies or photographs of any other relevant documentation such as deed poll documents etc.
The timeline for New Recruit applicants provides an outline of what the recruitment process will involve.
For further information, or should you have any enquiries that are not answered on our FAQs page, Contact Us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – recruitment guidance
We are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on our
recruitment activity and all aspects of the process are being kept under
continual review. We will keep you informed and updated, providing as much
notice as possible, where relevant.
We thank all current and future applicants for their patience and
understanding as we all continue to adapt to the 'new normal'.